American Political Comedy, RNC Week
1) My favourite election graphic was Larry Wilmore's. (Flailing and flame-spewing Trumposaurus vs shrieking and eye-lasering Clintonzilla.)
2) My favourite RNC renaming was Stephen Colbert's. ("The Trumpublican Donational Conventrump Starring Donald Trump as the Republican Party* *May contain traces of Republican
3) My favourite* correspondent segments/"Republican On the Street" bits were Roy Wood Jr's (the RNC's Black Friend), Jordan Klepper's (Trump's Christian Supporters), and Hasan Minhaj's (American Muslim Farewell Tour).*Utterly appalling, yet also, somehow, truly entertaining.
4) Highlight: "Chad Smith" and his parents "Bryce and...I want to say...Leslie?"
5) Trevor Noah: "'Now we just have to find out why all these black folks are so susceptible to dying!'
...Get the fuck out of here, man."
6) Highlight: Boko Haram's indignation over being denied proper credit as Clinton gets blamed for everything.
7) Highlight: Jon Stewart's wilderness retreat.
7a) As someone said on Tumblr: "Canadian Shack!Stewart/Colbert is now CANON."
8) Highlight: The return of The Reverend Sir Doctor Stephen T. Colbert, DFA, to define "Trumpiness".
9) Highlight: The return of Jon Stewart to sit behind a desk, stare down a camera, and be irate about hypocrisy.
10) Highlight: Samantha Bee's attempt to get that poor rational Republican to seem excited about Trump being the nominee.
11) Highlight: Trevor Noah's piece on the Charles Kinsey shooting. ("Why'd you crash the plane?" "It was the only way I knew how to stop them having sex!")
12) Anticipatory excitement for whatever Samantha Bee and John Oliver are gonna do.This content is also available at http://serrico.dreamwidth.org/873668.html. Comment here or there, whichever you prefer. (Over there, there are comments.)